atabase Administrator Olo
At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Olo is revolutionizing the customer experience at these restaurant chains, and we're looking for a talented database administrator to join our team and help achieve this vision. You'll work with a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies.
As part of our Data Operations function, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will collaborate with our software development teams to focus on designing, building and deploying highly available, robust, resilient and supportable database solutions to support large volumes of data transactions. With a focus on designing and deploying a database solution with operational elements, this role must ensure our databases are highly available, have sufficient capacity in place and are fully resilient across multiple cloud regions.
This is a full-time position. Candidates may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District, or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than 75% of our engineering team is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan, build, administer, tune and support databases and database cluster nodes.
- Ensure information/data security and data encryption, backup, recovery and replication.
- Develop, tune and optimize complex NoSQL and SQL schema structures.
- Design, develop and support ETL workflows.
- Development, deployment and operational support for NoSQL and SQL Databases.
- Data modeling, with a solid understanding of consistency levels, partitioning.
- Working with internals such as read/write paths, indexes, tombstones.
- Performing admin tasks such as compaction, repairs, backup and restore.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Experience with non-relational data stores such as Cassandra, Cockroach or Mongo
- Experience building, running and tuning high-availability relational databases such as MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience with database sharding, either at the app layer or proxy layer.
- Experience providing 24/7 support for mission-critical production systems.
- Experience in constrained environments, i.e. SOC, PCI.
- Demonstrable experience communicating with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience developing realistic project plans, managing stakeholder expectations, and tracking team execution
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs
- Strong critical thinking capabilities
Nice to Have
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Redshift
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.