Segmint empowers financial institutions and financial technology providers to easily understand and leverage data, interact with customers, and measure results. Derived from billions of transactions, Segmint provides the fastest and most accurate customer insights through advanced data tagging, categorization, and contextualization. Our insights enable all functions of an organization to inform strategies including competitive analysis, risk, marketing, customer experience, and product innovation.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of Segmint’s data pipeline and data warehouse solutions. Duties include developing, deploying, and monitoring database-centric data ingestion and analytics processes relating to anonymized banking analytics in a multi-tenant, SOC2-compliant, distributed computing environment, at scale. Also responsible for analyzing, cleansing, mapping, and integrating new, outside data models to the solution regularly.
Applicants should be fast-paced, detail-oriented, organized, consistent, and analytically-minded.
This position reports to our Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio office but does allow for a remote working option. Our employees are currently working remote until we feel it is appropriate to offer the option to return to the office. This position can remain remote indefinitely.
- Data pipelines (Spark/Hadoop)
- AWS cloud computing
- BI tools (Tableau/Informatica etc)
- ETL ingestion of structured and unstructured data
- Data Modeling
- S3, Lambda, etc.
- Data Governance
- Python, PERL
- 8+ years in data warehouse development, ETL, data pipelines, or database administration
- Experience with data modeling and scaling for large data sets (1 TB+)
- Professional, team-based, agile software development
- Object-oriented or functional application development w/ API integration
- DevOps with Amazon Web Services cloud-based infrastructure products
- Experience with data visualization or business intelligence tools
- Data preparation for data science, feature encoding/engineering, natural language processing
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available; employer HSA contribution
- 401K with employer matching program
- PTO benefit
Note: Due to the nature of Segmint’s business, it is necessary for all employees to sign an Intellectual Property Employee Agreement. Segmint Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.