Who are Intelligence22?
Intelligence22 is a new software company within The Freethinking Group, based in Manchester. We have built a data visualisation platform specifically for Media Advertising agencies. Intelligence22 want to make reporting simple for organisations but also add value to our clients by creating bespoke data-driven platforms based on company objectives. We are a very close team with people bringing a vast amount of knowledge and experience. We are extending our Development team by recruiting a Senior Developer.
Why work at Intelligence22?
We reward our great talent with a fantastic package of salary and benefits. This includes Remote working, In-work training, Health Insurance scheme, team socialising and so much more. We are about to roll out the application in early 2021, so there has never been a better time to join us.
The Development team is at the core of Intelligence22, supporting the internal teams as well as dealing directly with technology partners. As development plays an increasingly important role in our platform, there is potential to progress rapidly within a structured training and development programme. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in cloud-based development and will be looking for an opportunity to help shape a new product coming to market.
Job Purpose & Description
As a Senior Developer at Intelligence22, your job will be focused on the development of our data visualisation platform. The ideal candidate for this role will have the initiative to approach challenges with enthusiasm and the ability to react to changes whilst maintaining a clear focus on the company road map and objectives. We are always looking at ways to challenge the current cloud-based system to become more efficient and enhance our product. As a Senior Developer you will play a big part in the suggesting and shaping our platform’s technology. The role will require knowledge and experience of.
- Project Management
- Object-oriented PHP,
- Minimum of one development framework (we use Laravel)
- Understanding of cloud-based architecture (we use AWS)
- Knowledge of accessing social media statistics via their APIs
- Source control (e.g. git) and Continuous integration methods
- Vue.js, (Front end framework)
Tasks within the role are wide ranging and will require an interest in manipulation of data to provide clients with easily understood visuals. Whilst the role will primarily involve extending the existing system. having the ability to see “beyond the box” and suggest improvements and having an extensive knowledge of development process’ are vital skills for this role.
This role is currently home-based. We started homebased working before Covid-19 and have found it works well for us. We collaborate internally using Teams, but also use Zoom and Amazon Chime with our partners. We have daily team meetings to ensure we are kept up to date. Once it is safe to do so, we will have regular (weekly or fortnightly) meetings in our central Manchester office, so living within commuting distance would be an advantage. Working from home requires a specific mind-set, being able to concentrate on work, but also knowing when to ask for help when work gets difficult. You will need to demonstrate how you fit this requirement.
- Accurate written and verbal communication is essential.
- You’ll also be able to deal with clients in a friendly, clear and effective manner.
- An absolute team player, comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project / Development Management Experience
- Minimum 3 years commercial PHP experience, preferably within a development framework
- Minimum 1-year Vue.js experience
- Source control basics (ideally Git)
- SQL knowledge (we use MSSQL, MySQL and AWS Athena)
- Development knowledge of external APIs
- Previous use of Laravel
- Linux (command line, shell script, editing)
- LAMP stack experience
- Use of APIs from Google, Facebook and other social media platforms, including their PHP SDKs
- AWS knowledge, particularly AWS Glue, CloudFormation, Athena
- Use of time/project management tools (e.g. Jira)
- General You will be able to manage your time and that of junior developers ,and prioritise tasks effectively.
- You will be a highly numerate and detail focused individual.
- You will have an enquiring mind, always asking “Can we do this better or more efficiently?”
- You will enjoy learning new skills and about new systems daily
- Able to search out and find documentation from on-line sources, and to be able to keep the references to help with the same problem next time
Feel like you fit this role, but do not meet every requirement? We always want to hear from talented people, so if you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps, we would welcome your application!
Deadline: Sunday 28th February 2021. Please email your CV and covering letter, quoting the job reference number, to [email protected]
Job Title Senior Developer
Line Manager Nathan Burke, Product Director
Salary Competitive (DoE)
Location Manchester/ Remote (Currently)
Hours37.5 hours P/W Permanent or Fixed Term Permanent (3-month probationary period)
Job Ref I22DEV2