Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote Jobs in OR>
Senior DevOps Engineer
The important ways to spend time in this job are:
- Continuously collaborating with team(s) to evaluate monitoring and performance of the environment.
- Identify opportunities to automate software builds and deployments and help streamline the development process.
- Participate in design discussions, looking for opportunities to apply DevOps practices and philosophies.
- Assist in research of new tools/technology solutions/processes to help evolve our environment and software delivery.
- Provide production support for applications and infrastructure during business hours and on call.
- Adhere to a commitment of protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus, ensuring against unauthorized access and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
- Follow the I-Client philosophy and the core values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always®. This should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Skills/ Experience required to do this job well
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience working as a DevOps Engineer or similar role.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and/or related skills.
- Hands-on experience in production environments, both deploying and troubleshooting applications in Windows/Linux.
- Strong experience automating with scripting languages such as PowerShell/Bash in Windows/Linux.
- Experience with CI/CD deployments to Windows/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as IIS, MSMQ, SQL Server (SSRS is a bonus).
- Understanding of containerization, Docker & Kubernetes is required.
- Understanding of Microservices architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with focus on scale, automation, resiliency, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with distributed systems or an enterprise background is preferred.
Critical Soft Skills
- Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication.
- Must possess strong analytical and technical documentation skills.
- Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices.
- Strong attention to detail.
Ascensus engineering team is a dynamic and exciting place to be if Automation and Deployment should be your best friend . We use approaches to software quality like Test-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, and a healthy addiction to metrics that give us insight into our applications, and how well theyre serving our customers. We believe in the kind of transparency, processes, data sharing, collaboration, and communication that foster a DevOps culture. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).