Senior DevOps Engineer
amazon web services
Remote Jobs in Worldwide>
Senior DevOps Engineer
Who We Are
Horizon Next is one of the industry's most innovative and data-driven marketing organizations and sits at the intersection of three constantly changing landscapes: people, data, and media. Our business provides strategic leadership to accelerate growth for our clients through brand strategy, media planning and investment, and best in class analytics across all channels. As the leader in innovative business solutions, we are always pushing ourselves to understand what’s next: our next innovation, our next advancement in analytics, the market’s next media evolution, and your next breakthrough idea. Horizon Next operates with the single goal that tomorrow must outperform today.
At Horizon Next, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow. This position is on the Analytics team. We are a close nit highly efficient and driven team, who enjoy building innovative solutions for our clients and ourselves. Analytics has been a leading source contributing to growth, in the ability to demonstrate value for our clients.
What You’ll Do
- 30% - Developing, implementing, and optimizing the efficiency of infrastructure as well as the reliability, and scalability of our tech stack
- 30% - Identify solutions to increase efficiencies and eliminating bottlenecks
- 30% - Oversee projects focused on improving workflow and quality of output
- 5% - Collaborate with data scientists and BI analysts to understand data models
- 5%% - Participate in Sprint planning meeting
Who You Are
- Perfectionists who are obsessed with attention to the smallest details.
- Love to learn new technology and keeping your knowledge expanding.
- Accomplished go-getters who balance their need for flawless execution with the need to meet client deadlines.
- Team players who enjoy working with others to design and implement robust solutions for challenging real-world problems.
- Critical thinkers who thrive when working with a variety of coding and programming languages across multiple systems.
- Ingenious architects whose understanding of data engineering fundamentals enables them to conceptualize manual processes, generate coding and create systems to reduce human dependency.
- Automation addict, never do same thing twice.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in building data pipelines using API connections
- Containerization (mainly Docker and Kubernetes)
- 5+ years advanced Python programming, creating production level code
- 4+ years experience provisioning and managing infrastructure and applications in cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, Google) leveraging automation such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- 3+ years experience building automated project deployment projects (Jenkins, CI/CD, Artifactory, etc.)
- Experience with hosting solutions such as S3/CDN
- Ability to troubleshoot complex OS and networking issues