Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will own the design, implementation, and delivery of database optimization, application infrastructure, and performance monitoring at Postscript. Our application stack is Python (Flask) with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS on the backend, and our frontend is built with React JS. You will work closely with our fullstack engineering team and engineering leaders to optimize our database, implement and own application performance monitoring, and scale our application infrastructure.
Your natural empathy for users and passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build processes that enable the team to rapidly iterate on DevOps, Database, and Infrastructure initiatives as we scale. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Optimize and scale our Postgres database
- Design and build best-in-class infrastructure by utilizing AWS tools
- Own deployment pipelines & streamline development
- Build and maintain application logging infrastructure
- Implement best practices for application monitoring and create recommendations for application teams to improve their applications
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining application infrastructure on AWS services
- 3+ years of experience managing relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- 2+ years application development experience with Python (Flask and SQLAlchemy)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with Capacity Planning and scaling high volume applications
- Experience with application monitoring and performance tuning
What We’ll Love About You
- Ability to drive technical decisions by measuring trade offs including business priorities and technical needs
- You may not regularly build applications now, but have in the past
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing platform
- Empathy for users
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work experience is a plus
What You'll Love About Us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.