amazon web services
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join a fast-growing, innovative biotechnology company. As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a vital role in the delivery of infrastructure, security, CI/CD, and internal tooling services to meet the needs of the business developed in consultation with our research scientists, computational biologists, front-end, and back-end teams.
The Role is:
- Full time
- Fully remote
- No agencies
- Competitive salary; Will be in accordance with location, skill, abilities, leadership, and experience, and can range between $40k – $100k USD.
- Equity is also available
- Consulting with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- Effectively communicating with multiple teams, departments, and management representatives.
- Contributing expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- Developing interface simulators and designing automated module deployments.
- Completing code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors.
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostic tests.
- Documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Conforming to best practices in network administration and cybersecurity.
- Developing and delivering on OKRs and/or KPIs.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 4 years experience in DevOps, SysOps, or related roles.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- General understanding of the technologies involved in our projects:
- Containerized applications
- Infrastructure as code
- Microservices architecture
- Knowledge of cloud-based security and privacy best practices.
- HIPAA, GDPR, and other relevant compliance experience.
- Python, React, Docker and/or Terraform, AWS CloudFormation.
- ITIL/IT management best practices.
- Startup experience.
- Managing penetration testing, response, and mitigation.
- East Europe or West Asia
Important: Share your LinkedIn profile. Having an up-to-date LinkedIn profile will make you a more competitive applicant!
Our typical hiring process looks like this:
- Screening tests & questionnaires
- Interview & resume vetting
- Test task
Our hiring process is heavily focused on screening tests instead of interviews. So instead of three to five interviews that are typical for many companies, we have one interview and the screening tests.
The screening tests help us predict if you are able to solve complex problems and reason well.
You will be prompted to take our screening tests as soon as you fill out the questionnaire.
The way the tests are designed is that each stage has a disqualification so that if you don't pass, you can't progress to the next stage.
--We do not consider applicants who don't pass our screening tests, so please be sure to make it to the end.--
You can take a break in between tests and come back.
- DevOps experience (±1 min)
- Git Test (±5 min)
- AWS Test (±5 min)
- Python Test (±10 min)
- Logic puzzle (±20 min)
- Logic Passages (±20 min)
- Logic Passages 2 (±25 min)
- Reading Comprehension (±25 min)
In total, this should take two hours to complete. But keep in mind that these replace two interviews that would otherwise take place, which is equivalent to two hours.
In order to be hired by our company, all of these tests must be successfully completed and you must pass our minimum scoring threshold for each section.
Anyone who does well on these tests and has the proper experience detailed in this job post will get an email within a few days to book an interview.
If you think you're smart enough to pass our tests, then we invite you to try!