amazon web services
We’re a mighty team of more than 400 creative thinkers, experienced leaders, passionate innovators and some of the friendliest folks you’ll ever meet. We work at nine offices around the globe, with headquarters in Berlin. We like to refer to ourselves as Uberallers, too.
In 2013, Uberall was born out of the vision by longtime friends and business partners David Federhen and Florian Hübner. They wanted to bridge the online and offline world more effectively, so companies could generate new customers, build customer relationships and increase their sales. They created a platform that would connect companies with local customers through search and discovery, engagement and conversion.
Our SaaS platform enables multi-location brands and businesses to boost their online presence. Our customers are as large as KFC, BP and DHL (and others whose names are not entirely made of capital letters!) and as small as your local independent coffee shop or record store.
We just successfully secured a series C funding round of $115m and can’t wait for you to join us for our exciting journey ahead!
Learn more at www.uberall.com
About the role:
In this role you are going to make a real business impact, breaking down barriers between product, engineering, security, quality assurance and operations, with the aim of delivering applications and services at high velocity. You will find endless possibilities to learn and develop, our fast-growing company will allow you to deploy a broad set of skills that you are constantly refining due to the new challenges we face every day.
- You will work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- You will build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- You will ensure that systems are safe and secure
- You will work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- You will test and examine code written by others
- You will plan out projects and be involved in project management decisions
- You will perform root cause analysis for infrastructure production errors
- You will develop and support monitoring infrastructure
- You will design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- You own a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other relevant field and have gained several years of work experience in the DevOps area supporting SDLC at scale
- You are Proficient with git and git workflows combined with a strong hands-on experience building CI/CD workflows
- You have developed familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools and experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes in production environments
- You acquired a deep understanding of microservices and distributed architecture, are well-versed in the use of monitoring tools and have a working knowledge of databases and SQL
- You own a collaborative team spirit combined with a problem-solving attitude and excellent communication skills in English
What we offer:
- Hoodie and merch - we got you covered. With your onboarding package comes your new stylish look.
- Events and off-sites - YES and YES. Plan something with your team, if you feel like it. The whole company meets 2-3 times a year (Xmas, Summer Party, Just-Because Parties).
- Proper tech, check. MacBook Pro, Apple mouse, -stand and Apple keyboard. Need anything else? Let the P&P team know.
- Remote and flex work hours...yes, d'uh! It's not 1992 anymore. Check our social media content for some remote working stories. Who needs a cubicle, when you can have your cat walking through the video call?
- Waffle days, bad jokes, a HUGE Project A corp benefit program, a CEO with a pizza oven, global meditation sessions, German language class, LGBTQIA+ community and support, book club, culture committee, individual L&D paths and -budget...
Everything starts with getting in touch. Please let Sebastian know about your interest, questions and friendly referrals. He will be getting back to you in no time.
In the meantime, let our "[email protected]ll" give you some real-life impressions.