amazon web services
HOMER has an opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team! This role can be remote based in select US locations (AL, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NE, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WY) or in Toronto, Canada.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
Reporting into our VP, Engineering, the Senior DevOps Engineer will own and operate our infrastructure. DevOps team provides tools that enable easy, fast, and continuous evolution of HOMER Technology Platform. HOMER is 100% cloud infrastructure and we utilize tools and technologies like Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes. The DevOps team is responsible for infrastructure engineering and uptime of Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) offerings to internal teams.
- Own and operate large parts of our infrastructure, including Kubernetes and our deployment pipeline.
- Develop observability patterns and tools around logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Contribute to and develop best practices and standards.
- Lead technical design of applications, from an infrastructure. perspective, and participate in larger system architecture and design efforts.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in DevOps or infrastructure engineering.
- Experience with AWS stack and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes.
- Experience deploying and scaling applications using Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with leveraging tools that allow us to build infrastructure as code. eg: Terraform.
- Experience with observability, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience working effectively with a distributed team.
We like people who:
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and other team members
- (product managers, engineers, data scientists and others) to define and refine requirements and then execute on them.
- Like to take a lean and iterative approach to solving problems.
- Are passionate about and thrive in a culture of learning and teaching.
- You love to reflect on challenges and improve process and tooling iteratively.
- Care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes.
- Want to be part of an organization with a transparent and agile environment where you can communicate freely and openly.
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits.
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers.
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- The chance to have a big impact, quickly
- The rare opportunity to make a dent in the universe. We’re bringing a love of reading and learning to children globally!
HOMER is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At HOMER, we are committed to building a diverse team of talented people who are passionate about creating educational content kids love. We believe in fostering a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. At HOMER, we know that diversity, equity, and inclusion aren’t just an idea, a one-time initiative, or phrases to throw into a job post: they’re a daily practice and an ongoing conversation. We survey our team about inclusivity, run training on DEI topics, and have a committee to ensure we are all continuing to learn and grow.