Senior Engineering Manager - Machine Learning & Data Platform (AWS)
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale, Commerce, Work-Bench, Citi Ventures, Wells, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build - It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data and build our ML models. This is where you come in!
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager who will join our US engineering team to lead our data platform and ML platform initiatives. This role is open to individuals based within NYC or remotely within the United States. Currently we are in the early days of designing a data platform and an ML platform to accelerate all our data operations and unlock the creation of our future ML-based products, and we’d love you to join us and lead the way.
This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. Reporting into the Director of Engineering for our US team, this role is integral to the successful growth of Socure as well as wider company performance.
What You'll Do:
- You will bring your hands-on technical approach to management and work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to bring our Data Platform and ML Platform to life, to enable Socure’s innovation and growth.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of all projects related to our data platform initiative, from conception and design to development and production monitoring.
- Build, manage and grow our Data Platform and ML platform teams, foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
- Enable a wide team of Data Scientists and Engineers to perfect our products and expand our product lines and offer easy and secure access to data for engineering teams to deliver faster.
- You will democratize access to data and aim to automate operations of large amounts of data efficiently, securely and reliably.
- Hire a diverse set of people and facilitate their career growth and success of the team and its members
What You'll Bring:
- You have experience leading one or more team(s) of 4-10 as a Manager with people responsibilities for at least 3 years. You are first and foremost a people person who has the ability to attract and motivate top talent and build inclusive teams. You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have experience delivering and operating complex software & data solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process; and you are able to distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- You are comfortable working with data engineering systems, know machine learning processes well; and are familiar with technologies like: Hadoop, EMR, DynamoDB, Hudi or Delta Lake, Elasticsearch as well as MLFlow or equivalent.
- You like to use your technical experience to educate your peers in data & ML engineering technologies, best practices and platform thinking.
- Familiarity with Entity Resolution processes or Master Data Management are a plus
- Exposure or familiarity of data privacy & regulations eg. GDPR, CCPA (CA) or PII.
- You’re a former software or data engineer and have 5+ years of practical experience in building high scale, production distributed systems in a cloud environment.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.