“Castor’s success is due in no small part to our attention to UI & UX. The ability to remain agile in this field is crucial.” - David Sigley, Head of Engineering at Castor
Who is Castor?
Castor is a leading cloud-based clinical data platform working with some of the world’s largest medical device companies, biopharma, and renowned academic institutes.
We simplify the clinical trial process, from recruitment to analysis, with user-friendly, patient-centric technology. Our mission is to bring medical research into the digital age. Why? Because medical research is still largely run using free-text, paper, and legacy technology.
Our self-service platform enables our users to run remote, device enabled, patient-centric trials. By helping our users capture high-quality data and making it machine-readable, we are fundamentally changing the flawed evidence-based medicine process.
How is Castor supporting the Coronavirus crisis?
Castor has joined the global fight against the Coronavirus by making our research data capture system available for free for all COVID-19 research projects. Castor is supporting more than 250 COVID-19 studies across the world, including the World Health Organization’s SOLIDARITY trial.
What you’ll do?
Joining our team as a Frontend Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a greenfield project and shape Castor’s frontend culture. To make medical research faster and smarter, you will strive to grow an application with the best possible UI and UX on a modern, easy to work with, stack by:
- Owning and growing our React Front End engineering, moving further towards a well-structured, tested, and accessible experience;
- Leading our frontend engineers by example, both by mentoring and setting standards through your daily work on features and improvements;
- Collaborating closely with our Design System Team to integrate existing components into our application(s) and add new capabilities to this system;
What you’ll work with?
Currently, we are using React, Redux, NextJS, TypeScript. Additionally, we’re using Babel, Webpack, Jest, TestCafe, ESLint, Prettier, SCSS, and other tools. The backend consists of modern PHP7 applications, backed by multi-tenant MySQL databases. Our toolbox includes CircleCI, Github, Slack, JIRA, Storybook, and MkDoc.
What you’ll bring?
- Solid experience using React.js, keeping HTML and CSS maintainable and adaptable in large projects;
- Foundational knowledge about web technologies, such as backend programming languages and tools, web-related protocols, and a general understanding of how the internet works;
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English;
What you’ll get
At Castor, we truly live and breathe our core values, believing we can achieve anything with a "healthy and happy team." With this in mind, we offer the following benefits:
- A flexible remote working opportunity
- A competitive salary and a guaranteed 'happy holidays' bonus
- Investing in our talent with a strong Employee Stock Option Plan
- 30 days annual leave (plus national holidays)
- Interested in ‘lifelong learning’? You’ll love using our development and training budget!
- Flexible approach to working - nobody is tracking your time except you
- MacBook or Dell laptop, we’re a tech start-up after all ;)
- Like to feel zen? You’ll love our company subscription to Calm for meditation and yoga