We are looking for a Senior Front End / React Engineer to join our team. We're helping a well-established client take their user experience to the next level and move from a rails monalith into rails services with react.js frontend. Are you excited about designing from the ground up a new SPA, ensuring efficient client-side performance and using the latest frameworks/best practices?
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications for our client partners. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, we’re a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and we’re growing fast!
What will you do?
- Working with Product and UI/UX to help envision the next generation user experience.
- Collaborating with backend engineers in designing, specifying and implementing services to decouple functionality
- Occasionally going full stack and diving in the the Rails services to add a new endpoint or modify behavior (and we can help you learn here too)
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Production experience of React/Vue framework applications
- Have taken a senior role / been a significant contributer to a JS frontend
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 8 pm Central European Team
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
What do we offer?
- 100% Remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote experience.
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance applications, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona, or at a local meetup.
- Competitive compensation: we’re looking for long-term members to add to our remote team. Many have been with us for 5+ years. Depending on location, we will hire as employees or Independent contractors.
Please no recruiting agencies