Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Are you excited about working with some of the latest technologies to deliver new solutions to banks & credit unions? The Jack Henry & Associates, Common Shared Services team is hiring a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to help deliver cloud-first, microservices-based banking applications for Jack Henry!
As part of the Common Shared Services team, you’ll be at the center of JHA’s strategic development initiatives for new banking applications. In your daily activities as a Frontend Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a DevOps team creating new banking applications as well shared platform services using responsive technologies & frameworks in an innovative technology stack. You’ll engage daily with other business services and DevOps engineers, product owners, and QA automation engineers in your team. You’ll also collaborate with business leaders, product subject matter experts, JHA enterprise services teams, and our clients to design & build solutions that Jack Henry customers will love!
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is annually recognized as one of the best tech companies to work for in the U.S. by Forbes and other local sources! This is a fast paced and fun work environment with a great team engaging like a start-up company. You’ll need to be able to be agile and be flexible. You should be a self-motivated and someone who loves to work closely with other teams across JHA and our clients.
This position will be filled to be worked out of the following Jack Henry location: Cedar Falls/Lenexa/Brentwood/Springfield/Allen/ Remote.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of software development experience.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years developing frontend, browser-based application user interfaces.
- Must be able to travel 5 % for internal meetings, workshops, and/or trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong interest in mentoring other developers and presenting apps & technologies to stakeholders.
- Responsive applications UI experience.
- Tablet and mobile UI development experience.
- Thorough browser testing experience with multiple environments and devices.
- Experience consuming and testing RESTful API’s.
- Familiarity working with Node.js and npm.
- Familiarity with Git, both using GUI’s and command line.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps.
- Comfortable with leading IDE’s such as Visual Studio Code.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.