Job Title: Senior User Interface Developer
Based: BrandAlley, Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NW (remote during Covid-19
Experience: Expert User Interface Developer / Magento 1 & 2 Developer
Reporting to: CTO
Who We Are
Brand Alley UK Limited is the UK’s largest online flash sale fashion retailer and is currently going through a period of exponential growth. With upwards of 5 million members, we sell top branded fashion and homeware products, process tens of thousands of orders per day and we are one of the most successful E-Commerce brands in the UK.
Operating between London and Delhi, our team of developers and Magento specialists work on a wide range of projects for the BrandAlley Web platform. Its dynamic, diverse and an incredibly exciting time as BrandAlley migrates its front-end web platform into Magento 2 and moves its entire back office team into a custom built platform consisting of a PIM, warehousing, merchandising, customer service, and marketing modules. With this new architecture in place 2021 will see a backlog of new features developed for www.brandalley.co.uk and our European site (www.brandalley.fr) built and migrated onto its own Magento 2 instance and connected into the same back office systems as the UK site.
Along with the launch of our IOS and Android Apps, 2021 can also see the further break-up of the Magento user interface layer into rich Progressive Web Apps making this a truly exciting opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
● To develop and progress the website user interface & optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability.
● Work in an Agile environment to develop the latest and greatest code for web and layout guidance for our Mobile App.
● Code user interface changes to existing features and prototyping and building new features.
● Testing the existing website to ensure that it continually meets internal customer’s expectations.
● Ensure high end user stability and performance using manual and automation testing techniques
● Ensure the technical feasibility of user interface designs and control good quality ux output in line with the overall web and mobile strategy
● Promote and drive best practice
● Stay abreast of latest user interface technology trends
● Provide resource quotations to product owners & business analysts
● Provide accurate information into JIRA
Skills and Experience Required
● Strong Magento frontend development experience (Magento 1 & 2)
● Strong experience of developing applications using HTML5 / jQuery / Knockout and RequireJs
● Strong experience with CSS3, CSS pre-processors and the differing methodologies (preferred LESS)
● Strong experience asynchronous control flow, partial page updates, ajax, private Magento content techniques, data layer (Google)
● Strong experience debugging browser behavior & performance issues,
● Can create and operate local development environment using Docker
● Strong Git, GitFlow and Composer skills
● Strong team player
To Stand Out
● Someone who has skills with Progressive Web App (PWA) development
● Someone who develops with a “performance first” mindset
● Someone who can mentor and guide more junior developers
● Someone who loves to learn new technology
● Someone who can talk tech and none tech when neededz
● You must be eligible to live and work in the UK
● You must be able to work onsite in London (Old Street)
Self-motivated, adaptable with a positive attitude Enthusiastic and respectful of others Must have a ‘Can do approach’ Flexible and willing to go the extra mile with a good sense of humour Must be able to work autonomously
Why You’ll Like Working with Us
You’ll have the opportunity to work on some exciting brands supported by an inspiring and friendly team of people You’ll join a great talented team who are all driven to be the best they can be, while having a lot of fun along the way We offer a place to grow, where you can spread your wings