amazon web services
ruby on rails
We inspire people to keep learning.
Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts, and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Main Location: Berlin or Remote
Remote Policy: Permanently from Germany, Spain, UK, or Finland. Temporarily from anywhere.
Team: Engineering & Data – Web
Hours: Flexible working hours
Reporting to: Ferhat Beyaz, Engineering Manager
Contact Person: Mertcan Uzun, Talent Acquisition
Note from the Hiring Manager
"This ad goes out to those who want to do meaningful work, take ownership, and never stop learning. As Senior Frontend Engineer – Web, you join one of two cross-functional Growth Missions – small groups of Engineers working hand in hand with Product Managers, Designers and QA. We have ambitious plans for 2021, including doubling our web revenue share and our venture into B2B. Thus, web is key for us to grow our customer base through great product explanation and onboarding. This is where you come in."
Our tech stack is based on Ruby on Rails, vue.js & AWS with our development tools including GitHub, CircleCI, DataDog, JIRA & Airbrake.
What You'll do
- Join a growth focused web team directly driving business impact and revenue.
- Take ownership of managing and extending our web platform, with a focus on the frontend.
- Elevate your peers by giving and receiving feedback and working collaboratively.
- Own the development cycle front to end – produce high-quality maintainable code, contribute to requirements and planning, test changes and collaboratively review as well as ship it.
- 5+ years experience developing web applications
- Deep technical knowledge on the frontend, including Vue.js or similar
- In-depth experience with one or more full stack web frameworks – Rails, Spring, Django, or Laravel
- Proficient in English and able to effectively communicate complex technical information.
Great to Haves
- Experience with mentoring others
- Worked with AWS
- You love contributing ideas to improve the codebase, system's architecture, and overall development process.
- You advocate for the user with an eye for great design and empathy for their needs.
- You’re used to balancing multiple concerns, including customer demands, performance, A/B tests, UX research, accessibility, code quality and a rapidly changing ecosystem.
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support our diversity. We are committed to fair and inclusive hiring practices and want to provide equal opportunity.
We created our own Blinkist Operating System that fosters a unique company culture. Our core values, empowerment, accountability, personal development, direct communication, and transparency guide our day-to-day work. You have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field. Work how you work best and never stop learning. You benefit from perks like the yearly learning budget, remote support, up-to-date hardware, public transport ticket, or access to partner apps. Our cook Ed prepares free and healthy lunch for us at the office. And, you can take time to recharge – with flexible work policies and 30 annual vacation days.
At Blinkist, we embrace a hybrid way of work where you can choose to work remotely, from home, or the Blinkist office. We are happy to support your relocation and via application for Germany.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply online now. We can't wait to hear from you!