Why should you be excited about working for Benefex?
- Leading the frontend for their latest product which will be a multiplier for the business.
- Forming part of the Frontend Chapter leadership team
- Forward thinking product culture where you can have an immediate and visible impact on the product
- Working on a product that has 100,000’s of users and is used by global companies
- Fully remote working setup (after Covid too)
- Working on products that could not be more relevant in today’s world (Covid-19 / employee wellbeing.
Who are Benefex
Benefex are leading the way for Employee Wellbeing. They believe no one comes to work to do a bad job or be actively disengaged, and that technology is instrumental in providing an excellent employee experience. They’ve built an all-in-one platform called OneHub that brings together employee benefits software, reward and recognition tech, and workplace communications, so your employees have everything they need for work in one place.
Benefex believe that everyone deserves an exceptional experience at work, every day. Their workplace technology makes this happen.
You'll be the Senior Frontend Engineer for Benefex's newest product and squad. Currently there have been some basic prototypes produced. The Product Manager is pulling together the requirements and product roadmap and you'll be one of the first hires into this new squad.
This product is a self-service portal which will allows customer to configure and manage the Benefits product themselves. It has a mixture of simple and complicated workflows depending on the different Benefits and the parameters that benefit needs.
You'll work closely with the Product Manager and UX team to translate designs seamlessly into frontend components, thinking about accessibility, usability and implementation. You'll have full ownership over frontend decisions.
You'll also have a wider role within the Frontend Chapter supporting the upskilling and mentoring of the other frontend engineers.
What experience/skills Benefex would like to see:
- Designing and building new frontend features in React, Redux ES6, HTML, CSS with responsive web design principles.
- Experience working on software built on REST API’s.
- Working closely with product and design to build slick, user-centric features.
- Having input during the UX/design phase, the designers use XD and Figma.
- Feeling comfortable taking frontend features from requirements to production.
- Experience working within an Agile methodology.
- Progression to Lead Frontend Engineer and working on the expansion of the self-serve Admin Portal across all products.
- If the people route is of interest, then officially taking on the Frontend Chapter Lead role.
- Self-development is heavily driven, so if you want to learn a new skill which will impact your work this is encouraged, whether this be training or attending an event. There is an allocated budget per person, and days taken for training or events are not taken as holiday!!
- Salary: £65,000-75,000
- Fully remote working **NEED TO BE UK RESIDENT**
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- £800 annual learning budget for training. Benefex will pay for exams, travel and accommodation for events separately.
- If you ever want to work in the office it’s in the centre of Southampton, a 5 minute walk from the train station and a car park just opposite
- Casual dress code
- Pension, up to 3% contribution match
- Healthcare, income protection, life assurance and access to our own award-winning online benefits scheme
4 stages, completed within 2 weeks. Maximum of 3 candidates in process at one time.
- Phone Interview with VP of Eng (45 min)
- Tech Task (2.5 hours)
- Technical Interview (1 hour)
- Interview with CTO (30 min)