Senior Full-Stack .Net Developer - Solve interesting problems from home!
We are Ascent. We are on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics, and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology, and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Full-Stack.Net Developers to help our Ascent projects team define and deliver success.
- We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
- Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
- Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
- Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
- Your voice matters: We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are as good as they seemed at the time).
- Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
- Training benefits everyone: We are committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmes.
You will have at least 2 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a .Net Developer or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
Your daily responsibilities as a Senior Developer will be:
Implementation of systems/product architecture.
Estimation of functional/technical business requirements.
Translating functional/technical business requirements into application code.
Provide peer review of design and implementations produced by other team members.
Continue to review, evolve and deliver best software development standards, technology, tools and principles.
Mentor and assist team members on their upward journey
Key personality traits:
Attention to detail and methodical worker.
Proactive and supportive team player.
Ability to act independently.
Quick to learn new techniques and eager to embrace new challenges.
Positive attitude towards change and a fast-paced environment.
Can-do approach towards development initiatives, methodologies and working practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
The following skills/experience are necessary:
- 4 or more years in a similar role.
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent
- Strong experience in some or all of C#, .NET, Entity Framework, Angular, React, and MS SQL,.
- Good understanding of best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Solid time management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Provide support to other team members and value others and their opinions.
- Constructive challenger approach.
- The following skills/qualifications are advantageous:
- A passion for emerging technology and new concepts.
- Practical knowledge and experience of a structured development life cycle, such as Agile or Scrum.
- The ability to work whilst under time pressure and to demanding constraints.