FirstThought, LLC is a global life sciences expert network with the mission to connect our clients with the most knowledgeable life sciences subject matter experts through our team of dedicated healthcare professionals. FirstThought’s network spans the entire realm of the life sciences and healthcare ecosystems, including niche areas like reimbursement, market access, and regulatory affairs. Coupling the team’s in-house healthcare knowledge with our custom-built platform technology that incorporates machine learning allows us to effectively service our clients’ research needs across the financial services, consulting, and business development industries.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our small growing development team. Our Engineering team is passionate about technology and learning modern tools and methodologies and we want our next team member to have the same drive and passion. Your code, designs, and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
We're looking for ????
- 5+ years building web applications in a professional environment.
- 3+ years writing production quality React applications.
- 3+ years building microservices preferably in nodejs
- Strong database knowledge and experience with Postgres
- A high bar for writing clean, maintainable, scalable, and well-tested code.
- Familiarity with version control and agile software development methodologies
- Eagerness to get your hands dirty, learn new things, and leave things better than you found them.
- Ability to navigate large codebases and get up to speed independently.
- Excellent communication skills and an eagerness to collaborate and share knowledge with teammates.
- You must be authorized to legally work in the United States and must be a USA resident.
- No visa sponsorship available for this position
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS technologies (Lambda Functions, DynamoDB, S3 etc.)
- Experience with CI / CD
- Experience working at a startup
- The chance to be part of a fast-growing and future-oriented startup
- 100% remote position
- Small team, lean hierarchy
- Health insurance
- Paid time off and sick days