ruby on rails
Headquarters: Birmingham, AL
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and as a company, we strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning (2012).
- Build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- Our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We have aligned our teams, tools, and processes to achieve this. Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We've also optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to make it painless to run our test suite and get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week.
- We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We work in a weekly cadence and are very organized. While we keep meetings to a minimum, our team is highly collaborative and takes advantage of tools such as Slack, Zoom, GitHub, and Notion. We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and know you do, too.
- 2+ years of expert-level production React experience
- 4+ years of professional experience with web application frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred)
- Experience with modern JS ecosystem tooling, such as Webpack, Babel
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, RSpec
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Understanding of the balance between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Ability to break down large problems into smaller deliverable chunks
- Compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
- Have experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- Have experience with TypeScript
- Have experience upgrading/rewriting existing UI's
- Have experience with client-side JS performance profiling tools
- Know a thing or two about the fleet industry
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly