Who we are:
We are industry veterans and data-scientists using innovative technology to fearlessly reinvent the future of freight. As the ‘nerds of logistics’, we seek intelligence in data to solve deep rooted inefficiencies in the industry. We give shippers, brokers and carriers access to our data connections that link supply and demand and a suite of award-winning solutions to strike the perfect balance of cost and service. We’re creating a more efficient and environmentally responsible way to move more with less.
Where we are:
Loadsmart was founded in New York and is currently headquartered in Chicago, IL. Our teams operate remotely from different parts of the United States as well as in several locations across Latin America.
Who you are:
You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience building products from the browser to the database. You are passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability. You like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork. You are pragmatic and do not pick technologies without considering the benefits for the product and business. You are a thinker and problem solver, not a requirement follower.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to work remotely. You'll join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our Facilities & Scheduling Squad. You should have experience and a proven ability to use experimental ideas to develop new solutions and build new products. Our technology stack is based on React for the frontend and Python/Django for the backend.
We are a growing team of passionate engineers, designers and product managers from all levels. Our mission is to automate scheduling and facilities management, making them more reliable and scalable, and by that to establish a new benchmark for operational efficiency. For that, we use technologies from the frontend to algorithms. We have a collaborative work environment, where engineers and other team members from different departments pool their knowledge together to help each other to grow.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to design and develop the product’s functionality.
- Be data-driven and work close to the Product Manager defining the next steps we should take.
- Together with other team members, be responsible for the whole lifecycle of our products and features, from the conception, specification, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Build modern, efficient, modular, and tested user interfaces using React. Assist our less experienced engineers with their questions on React's features and quirks.
- Build scalable backend solutions using Python and Django.
- Discuss good practices for software development and feel comfortable suggesting contributions to build our set of internal guidelines and shared code.
- Review Pull Requests from the other members of the team.
- Communication. You’re very comfortable communicating in English (both written and spoken). You will work in an international team with native and non-native English speakers.
- Teamwork. You like to work as a team more than solve problems by yourself.
- React. 2+ years of experience working with React (Plus for Redux). Experience with frontend testing frameworks (like Jest).
- Backend. Experience building scalable backend solutions in any language. Interest in working with Python.
- Passion. Be passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code, supported by unit and integration tests.
- Troubleshooting. You're good at identifying the source of bugs, know how to dig into the code that may be causing the outstanding issue, and work to resolve any issues that come up
- Curiosity. You're keen on learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You're a pragmatic programmer. You ask questions and are eager to learn more.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a related field is preferable but not mandatory.