Made Market, Inc.
ruby on rails
No recruiters please. (Must be located in the United States. BONUS if able located in Southern California)
MadeMarket is a fast-growing CRM and transaction management platform for investment bankers that is bringing fintech to the main stage.
We enable investment banks to grow their business and improve employee performance by providing an intuitive, purpose-built system of record and easy-to-use tools for winning new mandates and managing live transactions.
We are looking to hire a Senior Full-Stack Engineer that will work within our development team to create solutions that make corporate finance professionals more productive and successful.
We have a lean development team so you will have your hands in a lot of different places and will be working in an agile environment. We are looking for someone that is self-motivated and able to complete tasks without much direction. It is equally critical that this candidate know when to ask for assistance or clarification when needed. Hours will be semi-flexible. We require at least 4-6 hours during business hours and the rest can be early in the morning or late at night.
The initial work will include writing test code to familiarize yourself with our architecture and codebase. After that, we would expect you to jump right in and start writing production-quality code. You will contribute to existing components as well as build out new components. All our developers are also involved in resolving certain support tickets and occasionally talk to customers over the phone.
- At least 4 years of professional experience with Ruby Rails 4/5/6
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional understanding of relational databases such as Postgres and OO design is important
- Basic server administration skills (Ubuntu, Nginx)
- Basic understanding of using GIT for source control
- Experience writing test code
- Proven track record of building applications from the ground up
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant professional work experience
Top characteristics of the right candidate:
- Has high standards, values hard work and is immensely results-driven
- Strong communication skills with no hesitation to share ideas
- Has high clarity of thought (which manifests itself in their code quality)
- Can work both independently and loves to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Is a systems thinker
- Can see the big picture but sweats and has mastery of the details
- Is predisposed to moving fast
Perks and Benefits:
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Startup environment where you can have a unique impact on many parts of the business
To make sure that you read the entire posting, please include the Ruby on Rails version of your first Rails app.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MadeMarket is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year