PAI Health has joined forces with Huami Corporation and is scaling up internationally. Help us lead this growth as a Senior Full Stack Engineer!
About PAI Health
Our mission is to become the global health standard for physical activity by delivering personalized digital solutions to promote, inspire and instill active lifestyle habits that lead to improved health outcomes and quality of life. Creative and collaborative working practices are at the core of PAI Health. We aren’t looking for just another spoke in the wheel; this is your opportunity to make a big global impact with your work in an entrepreneurial environment!
We care deeply about the growth of our staff, ensuring each member is empowered with the necessary resources and support to not only succeed but flourish in their roles and career. At PAI Health, we are constantly striving to be at the forefront of positive social change and have crafted an inclusive and diverse company culture, which welcomes all to come and thrive here.
What’s Next for PAI Health?
Our science-backed IP and metrics, as well as engaging user experience, has attracted the interest of leading brands including Prudential Asia and Huami Corporation, one of the world’s largest smart wearable technology companies. With Huami’s proven AI algorithms, massive data sets and analytical capabilities, global distribution channels, and demonstrated success launching international products in the health tech space, this acquisition has put PAI Health on a whole new playing field.
Looking ahead, we have a unique opportunity to scale up our product at an international level, backed by the expertise and power of a global organization.
What Can You Expect?
As Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be a technical leader at PAI Health, overseeing code, setting the standard for quality and acting as a trusted advisor to both leadership and your team. You will work closely with our engineering, product management and product design teams to help translate business requirements into delivered platform features.
You can expect your day-to-day to include:
- Drive continuous delivery by participating in our agile development process, including estimating effort and complexity of new features and tasks.
- Produce clean, performant code, establishing quality standards with the engineering team through example and leadership.
- Design systems architecture, including infrastructure that enables continuous integration and delivery.
- Contribute fresh ideas and concepts by actively seeking out new technologies and best practices.
- Lead projects, gathering requirements, setting timelines, communicating milestones, and proactively troubleshooting.
- Mentor and lead junior engineers, performing code reviews and delivering meaningful feedback.
- Deliver projects successfully by collaborating with project managers, product management and other key stakeholders.
- 5+ years of full stack development experience with relevant post-secondary education
- Experience (and interest in) leading teams or projects
- Team player – you include your team in the process, you’re not looking to walk alone
- Mentorship – you lead by example and give and take constructive feedback
- Communication – you can express your ideas concisely and effectively
- Commitment – you’re never afraid to suggest alternatives, but always commit to the collective decision
- Hands-on contributor – you enjoy writing code, solving problems, and being in the trenches
- Process-oriented – you identify as process-oriented
- Confident – you manage stakeholder expectations and know when to say ‘no’
Your Tech Stack
- Modern full-stack frameworks (NodeJS is ideal)
- Modern front-end languages & frameworks (React is ideal)
- Strong understanding of AWS and cloud native application development (microservices architecture)
- Experience with Docker
Not Convinced Yet?
In addition to being part of a great company with a proven product, you’ll get to work on new and interesting technical challenges every day. You will be a trusted leader as we scale up. You will be empowered to succeed in your role with the resources and technology of an established global market leader. We also offer:
- Competitive compensation with extended benefits to look after the ones you love
- Flexible schedule with a commitment to work-life balance – put your family first, for real
- Opportunity to be a valued leader and work closely with our leadership team
- Ongoing training and development opportunities to propel your career
- Leading, modern technology and tools to build and experiment with
- Inclusive and collaborative culture built on communication and respect
- Fun remote (and in-person when possible) social events to spend time with your teammates – we’ve done things like virtual escape rooms, music and wellness sessions, trivia nights, and fitness related challenges.
- Atmosphere that encourages an active lifestyle, that suits you. We provide wearable devices to all staff and give away rewards throughout the year.
- Team that encourages connection and collaboration through friendly competitions, weekly kudos’, etc. When COVID-19 allows it, we also have a great physical workspace that includes foosball, ping pong, beer on tap, gym, rooftop patio, and more!
Interested in learning more? Apply today with your resume and cover letter!
PAI Health is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).