Swift Medical Inc.
ruby on rails
We are currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team! In this role you’ll work with a dynamic team of professionals who are all driven towards a common purpose: to change the world of technology and its impact on healthcare.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will design, develop and maintain all full stack components of our Swift Skin and Wound software. They make recommendations on architectural changes and improve software processes within the team. This role also partners closely with the Product Team to design the best solutions for clinicians, enabling them to enhance the patient experience.
- Ownership of key systems in our stack; including, but not limited to, roadmaps, tech debt management, maintenance, and performance
- Collaborate with Product, DevOps & QA to design, develop and deploy new features and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Work with external integration partners to build deep integrations within the healthcare technology space
- Investigate, troubleshoot and implement fixes for bugs and performance issues across the stack, from our React / Redux frontend to our Ruby on Rails, Node.js backend microservices
- Mentor intermediate and junior developers through pair programming, design reviews, and code reviews
- Provide technical leadership in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to program coding, testing, release and maintenance
- Influence how and what we build with demonstrated technical expertise and full understanding of user experience and interfaces
- Support DevOps with release management, continuous deployment, and automation
- 5+ years of development experience, with a strong understanding of designing and architecting backend systems
- Well versed in Postgres or equivalent SQL databases
- Strong emphasis on Node.js, Ruby on Rails and/or React
- Experience writing well-tested code (RSpec, Jest etc.)
- Knowledge of microservices an asset, knowledge of Kafka messaging a strong plus
- History of developing APIs that serve thousands of users per second
- Thrives in a dynamic environment - with proven ability to manage shifting priorities with minimal supervision
Technologies we use for Full Stack:
- Platforms: Ruby on Rails, Node.js/React
- Postgresql, Kafka
- Gitlab CI/CD
Working @ Swift Medical:
Other than the impact we’re making in the healthcare industry, the very best thing about Swift Medical is our people. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, what we do is not only inspiring, it creates a close-knit team working in an energetic, collaborative, and positive atmosphere. A few popular offerings include:
- An attractive, unlimited vacation program
- Paid winter break closure
- Competitive compensation with Employee Stock Options available
- Health benefits with a competitive health care spending account
- Mentoring and development opportunities
- Extensive training from seasoned, engaged professionals
- Flexible, remote working options
- Fun company events for the whole family
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients!
Swift is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse workplace. Swift provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.