Scalable Path's is looking for a Senior Full-stack Node.js and React Developer to work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a mental health and wellness brand that is pioneering innovative approaches to mental health treatment and research. They use psychedelic medicines, novel therapeutic protocols, and revolutionary scientific research capabilities to generate breakthroughs in patients and elevate the consciousness of the planet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The client is building a new application from scratch. They are hiring multiple developers to help them launch quickly. They are looking for experienced, senior developers who can make good decisions and get things done quickly without needing much management. You will be provided with designs from an in-house designer.
They use Trello for task management and Slack for real-time communication. They plan to have daily standups and a weekly sprint meeting.
- Make decisions about database schemas
- Design and implement rational, consistent and maintainable REST API endpoints using Node and ES6
- Implement the front-end using React hooks and CSS (likely using Material UI)
Features you might work on:
- Payments using Stripe
- Teleconferencing using Zoom API
- Secure messaging (undecided if this will be built from scratch or leverage an existing service)
- Integrating with the Electronic Health Records (EHR) system - Athena.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the Technical Lead and working with a small team other developers. The client is in the America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT time zone.
START DATE: As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION: 3-6 months
The initial engagement is expected to last approximately 4 months. If things go well, and the company decides to fund other initiatives, there is a chance the contract will be extended.
The client is open to developers in many different regions around the world as long as they can effectively meet and collaborate with the rest of the dev team and the project leader who is in Los Angeles. It's a full-time position, but they are open to candidates who can start part-time and go full-time within a couple of weeks. They want to staff up quickly and are willing to pay very competitive rates to make this happen fast. Additionally, if you are more front-end focused or back-end focused, please feel free to apply because the client is open to building a complementary team of developers with different strengths.
- Node.js (Must have)
- CSS (Must have)
- Written English (Must have)
- Spoken English (Must have)
- React (Strongly preferred)
- PostgreSQL (Strongly preferred)
- Material UI (Nice to have)
- Docker (Nice to have)