ation Engineer Fine-Tuned Bits, Inc.
About the Position
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack developer with a proven track record of planning, developing, and deploying complex web applications. The successful candidate will work with other developers, UX/UI designers, and other departments to gather requirements for assigned projects. You will have full responsibility for translating these requirements into technical plans. You will also be responsible for executing those plans using ES6, PHP, Sass, Handlebars, and MySQL — all within an in-house framework. You will report to the department’s project manager for code reviews and progress reports.
We’re a small team, but we think you’ll be surprised to see the types of projects we complete in-house rather than using “off the shelf” software. Request an interview and ask to see the responsive, multi-site framework we’ve custom-developed for ourselves. Now is the perfect time to join the team and help shape this awesome application.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a one-hour programming test during the interview process. Please apply only if you will be available to complete that test.
- You have 10+ years of experience building large applications while adhering to requirements and meeting deadlines.
- You’re a team player who is able to adapt to convention, but also comfortable proposing and overseeing the adoption of better ways to do things.
- You recognize the importance of an organized workflow.
- You’re a strong object-oriented programmer, able to find the patterns and abstractions within complex requirements.
- You’re comfortable managing web servers and understand why uptime is so important.
- You’re a long-term thinker who recognizes that shortcuts are often not in the best interest of the company.
- You’re a strong communicator who enjoys defending your solutions to a team that is passionate about clean, well-structured, object-oriented code.
- You take ownership of the projects assigned to you.
- You like to make things that you can be proud of.
- Most importantly, you program not just because it pays the bills, but because you find it fun.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Translate requirements into fully formed plans.
- Communicate ideas and discuss your plans at sprint planning meetings to ensure the team understands your objectives and to inform your approach to the final form of the application and its code.
- Review the plans and code produced by other talented engineers. Offer guidance to improve our results.
- Engineer object-oriented MVC-style components.
- Write solid, standards-compliant code while recognizing performance, scalability, and security.
- Study the business and its products so you can be confident that your work will serve us well.
What You Need to Know
- PHP: Expert-level understanding of object-oriented PHP in a custom-developed MVC framework.
- Sass, Less, or CSS: Expert-level understanding of responsive, cross-browser styling for an application where visual fidelity is critical. Experience with Bootstrap is not applicable to this project.
- Exceptional planning, organization, and documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to ask questions and work with the team — we love helping each other achieve the team’s goals.
- Personal project management experience with a proven track record of completing projects on time and to scope.
- Familiarity with build tools, such as Gulp.js.