atform The Jellyvision Lab Inc.
amazon web services
Senior Fullstack Software Developer for Interactive Healthcare SaaS Pl
Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Software Engineer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Lead Software Engineer to help us.
How you’ll help
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team consisting of application, test, and site reliability engineers. You’ll use your experience to ensure the team is designing and building straightforward, maintainable solutions to problems – solutions that are only as complicated as they need to be to achieve our desired business outcomes.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Eningeer:
- Design clean, straightforward solutions to problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define high level system requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Give and receive constructive code review feedback
- Ensure the team maintains Jellyvision’s values, standards, and best practices
- Foster an inclusive team environment
- Collaborate with Jellyvision's non-tech teams (ex. designers, writers, producers)
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers with 5+ years of relevant experience, strong software design chops, and solid software engineering fundamentals. They should also have experience with the following:
- Experience building web applications at scale
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Relational and NoSQL databases
- Automated testing (unit, integration, and functional tests)
- Source control (we use git)
- Cloud Development Experience (We currently use AWS)
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision Quality
- Optimizes Work Processes
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.