SemanticBits is looking to hire a talented senior software developer who can develop modern digital health services implemented as highly scalable Java services deployed on the AWS cloud in Docker containers.
This position will be working on a program that aims to improve healthcare outcomes for patients by providing providers with a tool that utilizes current best practices to ensure the quality of care for patients by supporting meaningful measures, reducing burden, while maintaining data accessibility & accuracy for public reporting of quality information in accordance with policy. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
Tools & Technology:
- Java (8 or above)
- Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security
- JPA/Hibernate, Liquibase/Flyway
- JUnit, Test Containers, Mockito, Mock Server
- Open API, Swagger
- Jenkins, DockerAWS, ECS, EC2
- Continuous build and test automation through Jenkins required
- Deployment and testing via containerization with Docker highly preferred
- Relational databases - should be very comfortable writing SQL, defining relational schemas, writing data migrations, and querying through ORM
- Experience with using Open API (Swagger) for documenting REST API is very preferred
- Automated unit/integration/functional testing experience on back-end is a must, including significant experience with JUnit,
- Experience deploying and testing applications on AWS preferred
- Experience with git (workflows, merge strategies, etc) is strongly desired
- Knowledge of modern design pattern and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or related field of study preferred
- 5 years of experience in Core Java and JEE
- 3-5 years of experience with Spring Framework required
- 3-5 years of experience with Spring Boot
- 3-5 years of experience in RESTful microservice development in Java
- 5 years of experience with object-relational mapping frameworks, such as Hibernate and JPA
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience implementing services using the FHIR standard
- Modern frontend web development through React
- Automated testing experience on the frontend with technologies like Selenium/WebDriver, Protractor, and/or Jasmine
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 for assistance.