amazon web services
This position requires U.S. residency.
SemanticBits is looking to hire a talented senior software developer who can develop modern digital health services implemented as highly scalable Java services deployed on the AWS cloud in Docker containers.
This position will be working on a program that aims to improve healthcare outcomes for patients by providing providers with a tool that utilizes current best practices to ensure the quality of care for patients by supporting meaningful measures, reducing burden, while maintaining data accessibility & accuracy for public reporting of quality information in accordance with policy.
The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
Tools & Technology
- Java (11 or above)
- Spring Boot Microservices
- AWS Cloud Stack such as API Gateway, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNSJ
- PA/Hibernate, Liquibase/Flyway
- JUnit, Test Containers, Mockito, Mock Server
- Open API, Swagger, Postman
- Jenkins, DockerAWS
- Modify microservices in the Spring Framework using best practices in REST API development
- Process backend data in the AWS cloud stack
- Utilize Docker to spin up local development environments
- Process batch data files using asynchronous data processing
- Write effective unit and integration tests that ensure expected system behavior
- Use Postman to test APIs
- Leverage OAuth2 to protect customer data
- Use critical thinking to debug systems of software, utilizing available logs, metrics and performance data
- Leverage PostgreSQL to store customer data for fast, efficient access
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or related field of study preferred
- 5 years of Java experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Spring Framework required
- At least 3 years of experience in RESTful microservice development in Java
- At least 3 years of experience with object-relational mapping frameworks, such as Hibernate and JPA
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have
- Experience using Angular frontend web development
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Federal Government contracting work experience
Physical and emotional requirements for the job
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 for assistance.