Senior Java Developer | Backend Developer - SaaS f/m/x - Full-time contract | Berlin-Kreuzberg / Remote (Germany) / Home-Office | Start date: As soon as possible
We’re a fast-growing Berlin-based SaaS HR-tech company. Our mission is to provide the only software, businesses need to manage their human resources. Our goal is to help companies save time and focus on what they do best. We connect all separate HR processes into a single and easy-to-use platform and help HR managers and supervisors in their daily office life. To date more than 1,300 customers use our innovative product. We’re backed by experienced business angels and international investors. Allianz X, the digital investment division of the Allianz Group participated in our last funding round.
We're looking for an experienced, smart and motivated Senior Java Developer | Backend Developer - SaaS f/m/x to join our team, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and develops an HR software our customers love. Ideally, we would like you to have full-stack (backend + frontend) experience. You have experience with Java and/or Kotlin. And either live in Germany already or are interested in relocating. Most of our team is based in Berlin, but primarily works remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Take end-to-end ownership of design and implementation of product features
- Write great production-ready code on schedule
- Contribute to make our easy-to-use platform a great user experience
- Ensure accessibility, usability and performance of our application
- Optimize website responsiveness for mobile and tablet
- Collaborate well with others, be a great teammate
- Be ready to adapt and pitch in on other projects as needed
- Build an excellent product on a technical and qualitative level
- Be responsible for delivering sustainable and high quality code
- You’re up to date with the world’s newest technologies and keen to implement and evolve them with us
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Java Developer
- Proficient knowledge of Java 8 or higher versions of Java and Kotlin
- Experience using Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and Postgres
- Experience in designing, building and monitoring RESTful APIs and Microservices
- Familiarity with cloud and application platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Familiarity with tools like Docker and/or Kubernetes
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a strong team player
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer is a plus!
- Fluent in English; other languages are a plus
Why you should join the team:
- Opportunity to build a great HR software that our customers love
- Regular virtual meetings and feedback sessions
- Clever, diverse, motivated team that loves geeking out about the latest tech
- Mac or Linux? It's your choice!
- Weekly learning sessions
- Competitive salary
- A range of great employee benefits, including a company supported retirement plan
- The ability to either work remotely (somewhere in Germany) or be based in our office in Berlin
All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences, and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Please apply via the provided link. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with our HR team. You can get in touch with Paula, our Head of HR.
We can't wait to hear from you!