Hello, my name is Christian and I guide our IT teams towards self-organisation and efficiency. We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer - Freelancer at Mercateo who will be part of a remote and global team that is already living tomorrow's working world today. We are convinced that professionalism and good teamwork do not need co-location or borders.
Sounds good to you? Then read on!
What you’ll do:
- You will work within a Scrum team that is responsible for all technical aspects of its software components.
- You will conceptualise and design complex systems and translate them into code.
- You should feel comfortable discussing ideas with both software engineers and stakeholders.
- You should be prepared to develop mostly in a Java environment, but also be ready to use new languages and systems.
- You and your team will create microservices and deploy them to and run them in the cloud.
What you’ll definitely need:
- You’ve already designed and implemented highly scalable software solutions from the ground up and experience with event-driven systems.
- You know about the latest software trends and want to constantly improve yourself.
- You’ve demonstrated your skills in domain modelling, drafting of Rest APIs as well as in the application and optimisation of persistence mechanisms.
- You love teamwork - especially remotely - and enjoy working within an agile environment that emphasises pair programming, mob programming and TDD.
What you can expect from us:
- High degree of creative freedom in a committed, fast-paced technological environment.
- Development of an exciting business model thanks to a modern technological landscape.
- An agile software company with flat hierarchies and open communication.
- A cool team where you can learn from each other and also contribute your own strengths.
- We encourage you to dedicate 10% of your working time to your professional development.
This is us - Your colleagues:
"At Mercateo, nobody is alone. We value teamwork and help each other with problems. Also with our volleyball training this is the best way to achieve good results."
(Andreas Hoppe, IT Development)
Some of the technologies and paradigms currently in use at Mercateo:
We are interested in long-term collaboration and that Mercateo is not just "one project" among others for you.
So, if you want to drive digitisation forward and are interested in developing cloud-based micro services, while practicing the DDD design paradigm with 24/7 availability, we’d like to hear from you!
And please feel free to share work samples, project links or/and open repositories e.g. GitHub with us - sharing is caring.
Mercateo Slovakia s.r.o.
Vinay Samson (Tech Recruiter)
Ulica Márie 1168/14A
931 01 Šamorín