- Senior Java Engineer
- 6 month project
- Outside IR35
- Fully remote
Who are Benefex?
Benefex are leading the way for Employee Wellbeing. They believe no one comes to work to do a bad job or be actively disengaged, and that technology is instrumental in providing an excellent employee experience. They’ve built an all-in-one platform called OneHub that brings together employee benefits software, reward and recognition tech, and workplace communications, so your employees have everything they need for work in one place.
Benefex believe that everyone deserves an exceptional experience at work, every day. Their workplace technology makes this happen.
Benefex require additional support within their Home squad, it’s a critical time where they are preparing to launch v1 of the product and need to build out a number of core services.
- Backend: REST API’s, Java 8, Spring Boot, Tomcat, MongoAtlas.
Rest of the product stack:
- Platform: Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Circle CI, Istio.
- QA: Automation testing, mainly API and UI automation, Java, Postman, Selenium, Cypress.
You’d have knowledge / experience in most of the below:
- Building backend services in Java 8 and Spring Boot
- Knowledge of distributed system architecture
- Creating REST API’s that the frontend team can build on top of
- Building services for cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP) and DevOps tooling (Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, MongoDB)
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB Atlas.
Any experience with the below would be a plus:
- Experience with Golang
- Event-driven architecture (CQRS / ES)