amazon web services
At Genesys Multicloud, we are working to build a highly scalable, microservices-based streaming data pipeline flexible for being run in any environment: AWS, Azure, premise. We stress platform reliability, continuous delivery, and team ownership of services. Team provides constant delivery of resilient, high quality services on a platform of customer’s preference.
What this role is:
- Your responsibilities will include development, deployment, maintenance, and dev testing of real time reporting and analytics components that work within a larger product suite. You will be involved in multiple applications belonging to Genesys Engage organization.
- All components work on customer’s premise and in cloud (AWS, Azure).
- Main development tools are bash, Java.
- There might be some Python code as well.
- We use AWS, Azure, JIRA, GitHUB, Jenkins and GitHUB events for CI.
- We believe in code reviews and unit, functional, regression and performance testing.
- We have dedicated QA team helping developers test code.
What you should bring to the table:
- To be successful, you need to be a strong problem solvers and self driven person. The software is quite complex so detail-orientation is required. There are always multiple tasks in progress so need to be well organized.
Some details about what you will do:
- Working in a team on project(s) that has other developer(s) and QA engineer(s) so there is always someone to do code review, someone to discuss, someone to test
- Work with QA engineer(s) to ensure changes are properly tested
- Fix/develop customer reported and/or PM set issues/enhancements/features on your own
- Review code from other engineers
- Write Unit (and sometimes integration, etc.) test for code that you've developed
- Answer questions from other team members and Professional Services and/or Customer Care
- Help investigate and then fix real life customer related issues in Genesys Engage Cloud
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of Linux shell script experience and willingness to learn Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java
- Proficiency using a source control system
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Readiness to learn new technologies.
- Strong experience in BOTH Linux shell and Java is a BIG PLUS
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience in cloud computing technologies
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data bases.