Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Entity Resolution Specialization)
SteepRock is a 20-year old software and services firm specializing in the application of specialized data and database systems to help our healthcare clients manage their pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device products to address serious illness and medical needs worldwide.
SteepRock is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our engineering team performing entity resolution on structured and unstructured data. In this position, you will leverage machine learning algorithms to implement highly scalable and accurate classification systems. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on entity resolution/record linkage/deduplication systems across multiple noisy data sets.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership to guide the team to develop and implement exceptional entity resolution/record linkage/deduplication and entity extraction systems, from prototyping to production
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression and lexicon-based/rules-based tools
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature and technology roadmaps; estimate timelines for implementation; implement on time and on budget
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team; estimate model accuracy and troubleshoot problems
- Apply machine learning tools to best exploit modern computing environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Build reliable and resilient infrastructure with modern implementation and management frameworks such as MLOps
- 4+ years direct experience with entity resolution/record linkage/deduplication systems operating over multiple, large noisy data sets
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas: text classification, recommendation systems, data mining or applied machine learning
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related fields (M.S. or Ph.D. a plus)
- Experience with relevant technologies including SQL, scikit-learn, pandas, NLTK and relevant machine learning libraries or techniques.
- Experience with Python required
- Experience with MLOps and other production level implementation frameworks and pipelines a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Competitive salary commensurate with experience - performance pay for high-achievers!