ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY? Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry? Do you believe that there’s always a better way to solve a problem? Do you have experience building Machine Learning models, from data cleaning to model deployment, monitoring its performance and driving impact to the business? Do you feel comfortable mentoring less experienced MLEs and helping them grow? If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 450 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are seeking an innovative, agile, data-oriented Senior Machine Learning Engineer who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company. LOCATION: Remote
What you get to do:
- Analyze data, create machine learning models, implement APIs to serve these models, and write ETLs and data pipelines to push these models to production
- Modelling of a variety of logistic industry problems
- Develop new (and improve existing) machine learning algorithms
- Implement, release, and then maintain the algorithms running in production
- Implement APIs to serve these models in production
- Analyze metrics and look for improvement opportunities
- Implement data Pipelines and ETLs
- Work in optimization problems and mathematical modeling
You have experience:
- You are comfortable talking (and writing) to native and non native English speakers on a daily basis - you will work in an international team with native and non native English speakers.
- 4+ years of experience as a machine learning engineer or data scientist.
- Ability to lead the implementation of machine learning models from problem definition to serving it in production.
- Passionate about creating clean, highly maintainable, and structured code for these models, implementing them as software and not only notebooks analysis.
- Curiosity. You are keen on learning new methodologies, technologies and tools; also, on evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions; always eager to learn more. But you are also pragmatic.
- Leadership. You have mentored others and helped them become the best version of themselves. You are a reference to the group.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Understanding of how Databases work and ability to implement REST APIs to serve machine learning models.
- Experience modeling and implementing machine learning algorithms (either from scratch or by using libraries / frameworks).
- Deep Computer Science knowledge and combinatorial optimization knowledge are a plus.
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and terraform are a plus.
- Knowledge of automated testing is a plus.
Your colleagues would describe you as:
- Someone that is always trying to find better ways to solve problems and thinks outside of the box
- You like working in a hands-on environment and enjoy teamwork.
- Curious about learning new technologies and tools as well as evaluating their pros and cons. You ask questions and are hungry to learn more
- Someone that takes ownership of complex problems
- Passionate about developing and you value quality and code maintainability
- Flexible person and open to others ideas
- Someone that likes to solve problems in the most simple way as possible
WORKING AT LOADSMART: Prosperity • Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent • Extremely competitive Equity package - our Series C valuation didn’t account for us almost tripling revenue this year so now is the time to get in! • Signing bonus - because you will work remotely, you will use it as you like: to setup your home office, get a new laptop or buy that amazing coffee machine to make your days happier :) • Training budget - we will support you on developing your skills. Happiness • Unlimited time off • Wellbeing initiatives • Lots of engagement activities; • An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork • Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels • Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives.