Startup Grind is the world’s largest community of startups, founders, innovators, and creators.
We're looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who is passionate about emerging technology and community-building to join our fully remote team. We want you to come in and challenge the status quo, finding new ways to tap into our 600+ chapters worldwide, helping us reach more entrepreneurs than ever before.
The Role - You’ll report directly to the CMO and work closely with other members of the marketing team with a focus on increasing our user acquisition strategies, supporting the overall growth of the organization by:
- Building marketing plans (quarterly) that drive user acquisition for our programs, conferences, and Startup Membership events
- Managing an annual operational budget for digital advertising (primarily facebook, google), as well as learning and development
- Designing and implementing content marketing campaigns on our social channels + newsletters
- Producing copy and overseeing content management and creation, striving to move audiences from general brand awareness to deeper mission-aligned engagement
- Creating weekly and monthly marketing reports to better understand community behavior, using these findings to brainstorm solutions with the team
- Evaluating campaigns, metrics, and survey data to identify how we’re performing, creatively seeking out new strategies that increase engagement and build loyalty
- Defining and executing a data-driven social media strategy
- Working cross-functionally with all internal teams to better understand how to increase awareness of our programs and latest offerings
- Staying up to date on the latest marketing trends, sifting through industry market research, news, and monitoring competition
About You - We know that many different types of people could succeed in this role, but if you can relate to the majority of the characteristics / skills below, then we would love to speak with you.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have no problem juggling multiple projects at once
- You can keep your calm under stress (ie. the world of events!)
- You are interested in managing a small team (future plan)
- US time zone. We're a fully remote team - work from anywhere, but a U.S time zone is preferred
- 2+ years with content creation - whether a personal blog, twitter, instagram stories, etc.
- Past startup experience or familiarity with the startup environment
- Growth Marketing