We are growing quickly at Tech9 and are looking for a few Senior Software Engineers with expertise in PHP and some of the following: MongoDB, Express, Symfony, LAMP stack, Laravel, AWS, . Net, and Codeigniter. This is a great opportunity to work with a company that has a primary focus of making our customers happy by delivering value, without all the burdensome policies and rules that have become typical for outsourced software development companies.
If you are looking for a change this is what we can promise you:
- You will have challenging problems to solve
- You will have flexibility and autonomy to solve problems and deliver solutions
- We will provide a highly collaborative environment with skilled and super friendly teammates
- We will fully support you in developing software the right way
- We won't burden you with useless policies and procedures
- We will provide you the tools you need to do your job right
- You will be challenged to continually learn new skills and become an expert in cloud computing (over 90% of our employees are AWS Certified)
If that sounds attractive please apply! We'd love to talk to you.
Here are some more details about the position:
You will be hands-on writing code, unit tests, and performing peer code reviews. You will work with a product manager, software engineers, and quality assurance engineers and customer stakeholders to deliver high quality, scalable and maintainable software solutions.
- Contribute to a team of software engineers and QA engineers to deliver commitments on time with a positive attitude.
- Work with the team lead to ensure that patterns for scalability, maintainability and performance are developed.
- Follow the process for software development, testing and deployment.
- Ensure that assigned user stories (requirements) have sufficient detail to be implemented properly.
- Ensure that you have sufficient understanding of user stories to provide reliable estimates.
- Work with the project manager as needed to build requirements and understanding of software features.
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure that code standards and proper architectural patterns are followed.
- Attend daily meetings status meeting with the team.
- Make suggestions regarding improvements to the software.
- Be an expert in the technology stack of the software project.
- 4+ years experience with object oriented PHP, and MVC architecture
- 2+ years experience with Laravel and/or Symfony framework
- 3+ years experience with SQL and interacting with databases like MySQL
- Ability to work effectively with US based team members
- Experience performing peer code reviews
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience with Git and merge conflict resolution
- HTML, CSS
- Ajax, Restful APIs and JSON
- Scalable Architectural Patterns
- API Integrations
- Experience with Mongo DB and Express
- Experience with .Net/C#
- Experience with AWS
- Understanding of RESTful concepts + API design is a big plus
- Experience with web design
- SCRUM workflow
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is a big plus