atform Architect Moov Financial
domain driven design
Location: Denver, CO or Remote and available during US Business Hours; must be authorized to work in the US; not providing sponsorship for this role.
At Moov, we’re empowering creators to embed banking and payment functionality everywhere. We’re developers for developer-first software. We believe that every software company is becoming a payments company and by equipping developers with the best tools we can tackle complex problems together.
As a member of the Moov team, you will build new and improve existing banking and payment experiences that customers depend on every day. We're looking for someone that combines technical breadth and depth with strong technical leadership to successfully define and deliver a modern web-scale architecture. In particular we're looking for a principled leader who can lead and guide strong engineers with a growth mindset.
The Architect will be a top technical leader and subject matter expert within engineering, working alongside technical and product leaders.
As a member of the architecture team, you’ll:
- Lead the technology direction of the Moov Financial Platform
- Define, communicate, and drive Moov’s technical vision, winning support from engineering and aligning with product and business strategy
- Own the long-term architecture and align it with overall business and product strategy; communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies
- Be a key contributor to ensure what we build is highly secure, available, resilient, and web-scale
- Speak, write, evangelize, and communicate about Moov’s technical capabilities at conferences and other events
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product managers, business development, and company leadership to solve problems and plan for the future
- 10+ years of experience building large scale distributed systems and applications, including design, development, distributed architectures, networking, security, and performance tuning
- Help drive software velocity and quality improvements across Moov’s engineering using Lean and DevOps approaches. If you are deeply familiar with Nicole Forsgren’s Accelerate, as well as Gene Kim’s The Unicorn Project, you’ll fit right in
- A decisive risk-taker focused on outcomes. Moov is about shipping. This means we focus on getting things done, not on building the perfect system. We strongly believe in rapid iteration
- Get your hands dirty, write code, and ultimately deploy successful frameworks and systems that can be demonstrated for a broad set of business use cases across Moov
- A creator and a builder who embraces ambitious ideas, creates alignment around plans, and then moves into efficient execution
- Have worked as a key contributor in architecting, developing and bringing a software platform from idea to market, preferably for a startup
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality SaaS platforms that serve millions of people
- Strong customer focus, excellent communication and relationship building skills. Ability to frame a problem clearly and meaningfully
- Strong advocacy of automated testing, continuous delivery, and software quality across the software development life-cycle
- Proven track record in successfully delivering large scale enterprise-wide solutions, from design to development to testing to production
- Experience with service-based architectures, Domain-Driven Design, and reactive / event-driven systems
- Solid understanding of Go, Docker, and Kubernetes
- The ability to design seemingly simple and creative solutions to complex problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area, or equivalent work experience - advanced degree preferred
Bonus points if you also have:
- Knowledge of general ledger or payment systems
- Extensive knowledge of OSS tools and active participation in OSS community
- Experience with mid-size organizations and startups
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible PTO
- Learning stipend
- Home office stipend
- Moov employees are eligible for employee stock options
Moov is committed to building a supportive community which allows all people to contribute however they are best able to. We believe that our products are a mixture of creative and detail oriented work where people from all backgrounds offer unique insight.