Headquarters: Paia, HI
- 100% remote position
- Work independently on big projects and make decisions based on varying amounts of information. Our projects range from new product ideas to refinements on existing products.
- Our biggest project is HiChee.com, with demonstrated love from travelers TikTok. Other projects are described here: https://www.shakacode.com/design/
- 3+ years of experience as a product or UI/UX designer with shipped products in your portfolio.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Comfortable working with clients, including the ability to present and defend design decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work responsibly remotely.
- Ability to write first drafts of UX copy.
- Ability to consider the relative difficulty of engineering for various designs.
- Ability to estimate how many hours design work will take. Such estimates should break a larger project into smaller chunks.
- Comfortable with startup environments where changes can happen quickly.
- Experience creating implementable high fidelity designs with either Figma, Sketch, or Invision.
- Ability to create either pixel-perfect or approximate designs and knowing which one to do.
- Experience creating designs either mobile-first or desktop-first.
- Having shipped live products where you led the design of substantial features
- Understanding how digital advertising works, concepts of monetization, conversion rates, Google, and other website analytics in order to drive designs and product plans
- Has demonstrated product management skills such as the ability to help a startup founder evaluate the overall business model that will drive the product design and, especially, how the startup can evaluate different product options before building them. This the thinking that's upstream of the product design
- Experience with marketplaces
- Ability or interest in frontend coding, maybe with React