Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn allows you to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy issues, you could be an excellent fit for our team.
Our CEO took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role:
Thorn is seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to lead, develop, and execute our product marketing strategy. The Sr. Product Marketing Manager will join the Victim Identification team and take part in the complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. You will help shape the voice of the product and help grow an engaged user base. You will work across the entire organization to set up and execute the product marketing strategy from beginning to end. You will develop and lead other team members to help drive overall user engagement strategies. Whether we are prototyping a developing product or improving an existing product, you take a data-driven approach grounded in user insights. As Thorn’s Sr. Product Marketing Manager, you will combine your deep technical aptitude and analytical skills with your unique ability to craft and deliver a message to your audience.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our products and users.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product marketing strategy.
- Develop and manage an innovative user engagement strategy. Monitor and measure metrics - update and adjust the approach accordingly.
- Manage, lead, and grow team members.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to drive user growth and engagement
- Develop and lead user engagement and training team members
- Leverage product and marketing insights to better understand our users and represent their voice and needs in the user journey.
- Plan and write product messaging with a clear user voice. Distill complex technical concepts to an audience with a range of technical competencies.
- Develop product collateral and user narratives for investigators, donors, and prospects
- Support and collaborate with product management, marketing, and government affairs teams on user engagement, health, and growth priorities.
- Gather and compile competitive intelligence that gives the team a deep understanding of the market:
- Competitor analysis
- Product differentiators
- Market size
- Recommend and provide input on product pricing strategy based on competitive intelligence and market size opportunity
What We’re Looking For:
If you don’t have experience with some of these, fear not. You could still be a great fit as long as you have the desire and ability to learn. If you don’t have the experience matching our list but believe you have the experience that can achieve the same goals, we want to know about it in your cover letter.
- Commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Inspired by solving user needs.
- At least four years of experience in product market research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, and campaign execution.
- Ability to understand complex technical products and distill them in a meaningful way to the target audience with varying technical knowledge.
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to communicate concise and compelling messaging.
- Experience managing, leading, and growing team members.
- Ability to convey product impact to donors.
- Effective, persuasive, and passionate communicator regardless of medium - oral, written interpersonal, or public speaking.
- Experience planning and rolling out marketing campaigns and the ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Experience developing and executing go-to-market strategies.
- Demonstrated proficiency with email automation platforms, CRMs, Google Analytics, and WalkMe.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams remotely.
- Strong attention to detail and energized by a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
At Thorn, we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.