CO-OP Financial Services
Senior Project Manager
Location: USA Type: Full-time
Remote Jobs in USA>
Senior Project Manager
Req No. 2
Company Pandemic Response
Ensuring the health and safety of everyone that works at CO-OP is of primary importance to us. The majority of our organization continues to be in a work-from-home status. This allows for better social distancing practices for those of our employees that do remain in our office locations. We continue to work diligently to maintain everyone's health and safety by keeping the facilities clean, having everyone screened for temperatures upon entry and providing information about symptoms and what to do if employees feel sick. Our COVID response team has been working tirelessly since March and continues to provide transparent communication around COVID cases and re-entry plans.
We are seeking a talented Senior Project Manager to plan, organize, lead and control cross-functional product or information technology projects that are large to extra-large in scope and impact.
- This position is fully-remote. That means we are open to talent across the country and the person in this position will be able to continue working remotely even after we transition back into our physical office locations.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Leads and manages project lifecycle phases for multiple complex projects initiatives which could share the same delivery timelines.
- Establishes clarity on the project scope and develops project plans based on the work breakdown structure derived from the project requirements for all project assignments (includes, but is not limited to new client conversions, existing client projects, custom development projects, new product development launch projects, and internal initiatives).
- Delivers effective, accurate, and consistent communication to project teams, management, external clients, and vendors; leads project teams of 20 to 40 people.
- Facilitates and leads project resources through the work breakdown process to define tasks, durations, effort, and dependencies to establish a solid implementation schedule.
- Drives the project team (including client and their vendors) to deliver based on the established schedule and ensure quality standards for the project are met.
- Work with team to create project charter including: definition of project scope and deliverables; identification of project goals and milestones; development of project plans and budgets.
- Work with technology leaders to identify project resources and develop schedules.
- Assemble project team members; assign individual responsibilities; lead team meetings.
- Oversee completion of project tasks, manage conflicts within group and escalate risks/issues as needed.
- Coordinate the work of technical professionals and other staff across other functions and disciplines.
- Apply generally accepted project management methodology and enforce project standards.
- Maintain project documentation; ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Prepare and disseminate project reports and communications; communicate with EIS team, project sponsors, functional area managers and/or consultants regarding status of specific tasks.
- Monitor and report on project budget.
- Lead post-mortem project reviews.
- Adhere to Agile principles and philosophies (Scrum or Kanban, as applicable) in fulfillment of the role.
- Collaborate within the direct team in accordance with Team Agreement, Definition of Ready, and Definition of Done.
- Work as a cross-functional team member in an Agile setting to help complete and deliver the team commitments.
- Collaborate across teams and across business areas in the spirit of an Agile mindset.
- Fulfill the role in the spirit of the Agile Manifesto, with emphasis on delivery of incremental value with frequent iterations and feedback loops.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science plus eight to ten years project management experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 2-5 years of project and/or technical delivery in the financial services industry.Working knowledge of agile and waterfall SDLC's.
- Working knowledge of an enterprise project management tool, such as Planview PPM Pro or Clarity.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Working knowledge of an ALM tool, such as Microsoft ADO.
- Strong knowledge of financial services industry and technology.
- Expertise in standard software packages, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can demonstrate excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Can demonstrate excellent change management leadership skills.
- Can demonstrate expertise in presentations and executive communications utilizing PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions to completion.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, while meeting demanding deadlines.
- Understanding of and support for generally accepted project management standards and methodology.
- Ability to lead individuals of all levels and varying technical skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands with a positive attitude.
- PMI Certification desired.
- ITIL Trained preferred.
- Agile Trained preferred.
- 3-4 years in credit/debit/prepaid card experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the FDR, STAR, FIS or other payment industry processing systems is a plus.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve; cultivating a workplace in which every employee can live up to their full potential. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
For Colorado Applicants: In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this Colorado position is between $94,000 and $120,000. Actual Pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position qualifies for the following benefits; CO-OP Financial offers a competitive Total Rewards package: 401(k) with generous company match, Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options, Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term disability benefits, Pregnancy and Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Community Volunteer Time Off, and an Employee Assistance Program.