content management system
Senior Python Engineer - Back End - Take Charge Of Our In-House CMS
Collaborative people that create ingenious solutions
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK
We love a challenge and are quick to adapt
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber workforce optimization experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the human cyber abilities of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats.
Constantly evolving cyber risks are no longer the sole responsibility of technical teams. The capabilities of the entire workforce must now be enhanced to protect from, defend against and respond to attacks.
Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by continuously analyzing and enhancing their capabilities, engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 250 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We are seeking an experienced Back End Developer skilled in Python to take ownership of our in-house CMS tool. Working with a brand new product manager you will lead on new feature development to support our cloud security labs. You will also work with our content team and engineering teams to make key architectural decisions.
As a Python Engineer at Immersive Labs you will get to grow your skills in a company that's also growing. An enthusiastic engineer will be able to contribute new ideas that will help improve the way we work as we scale
You'll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time.
Your main responsibilities (which is likely to change as we scale):
You'll get to immerse yourself in Python, Flask, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS. We want to give you a place where you'll learn from us and we'll learn from you through getting involved in the following:
- Formulate technical solutions from product requirements in collaboration with others to create a first class platform
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in the code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Translate technical language/concepts for non-technical individuals written and orally
- Be actively involved in all team ceremonies, 2-week sprints and retrospectives, working closely with product managers and other disciplines
To be successful:
- Demonstrable and up-to-date knowledge with Python, Flask, MongoDB, HTTP APIs (REST and GraphQL), and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with traditional server rendered HTML / CSS as well as JS frameworks such as React
- Any experience with AWS or Kubernetes is an advantage
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of Git and familiarity with CI setups
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Inclusive - we create an environment of psychological safety
- Driven - we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every companies defence against cyber attacks
- Agile - we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from dance lessons, pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Unlock your potential with Immersive Labs. Click apply to find out more.