Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As our Senior Quality Assurance Engineer / SDET you will lead the effort to define requirements, processes and tools to ensure our software is of the highest quality. You will be working side by side with other experts on our team to deliver context-based automated testing tools and solutions to help identify issues across multiple integrated systems.
Please note some of our project teams are working with clients in the Pacific Time Zone, UTC -7. Successful candidates will need to align a portion of their day with the morning hours of our clients. At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.
WHO YOU ARE
As Senior QA Engineer you are eager to dive into a product as early as possible to test new features. You have a well formed opinion of what quality means and can easily explain it. You possess the drive to get things done. You partner with product managers and engineers to get clarification when you need it.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing efforts.
- Design and implement automated testing solutions, and integrate them into a continuous integration/delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate in a consultative environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Test Automation Engineer or Software Engineer.
- 2+ years of current/recent experience building and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks for enterprise web, mobile and APIs using tools including Selenium WebDriver and TestCafe.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Jenkins test automation tool is required.
- Previous remote work experience is required.
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous consulting experience is a must.
- Solid experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN YOU
- Hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- Happily receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- Embrace continuous learning - Whether you are learning to help your team or customer work through new concepts and technology
- Are astute. You know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- Are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- Work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
You like to get the work done!
You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. We want to know more about you!