Percona Staffing LLC
The goal of our QA teams is to ensure that all components are well tested and interact with each other properly. We test and validate both our individual products as well as the interoperability of all components of our stack to avoid any regressions for our end users.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of QA to join our team to lead and manage our distributed QA teams, supporting them in maintaining and improving the quality of our solution stack and its individual components as part of the release process and in an ongoing fashion. We need someone that has a background in developing efficient processes, ensuring a high level of quality and has a demonstrated track record of working across multiple teams and products as well as with the broader open-source community.
The Percona people are our most vital asset, so you should be someone that looks to continually invest in helping them be better every day.
What Will Make You Stand Out
To truly stand out you should be passionate and unwavering with regards to software quality and leading teams. You should be able to point to the obstacles you’ve overcome to build amazing teams who in turn ensure a high level of confidence in the software! Your past experiences will help you land the interview, but our attitude and aptitude are truly what will get you the role!
What You Will Do
- Hire and lead a globally-distributed, empowered team of both QA managers as well as individual contributors including QA engineers and testers
- Support the product engineering teams by owning and driving software quality through automation, predictability, and accountability
- Develop managers and individual contributors through coaching, mentoring, and management support ensuring team health and individual growth
- Work with development and release engineering teams, product managers and others across team boundaries to maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, collaboration and set context with the team so they are empowered and equipped to make great business and engineering informed decisions
- Continually find ways to improve quality, processes and efficiencies through technology and automation
- Ownership of the teams’ results, building on the good and taking corrective action on the bad
What You Have Done
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing agile QA teams that have been responsible for multiple products
- A cross-team facilitator and collaborator: working with other teams and figuring out how to get things running more smoothly
- Experience with open source software and testing processes and frameworks
- Familiarity with Molecule, Ansible and/or Jenkins a plus High level of organization with a proven ability to prioritize, manage, budget, and deliver on time
- Experience in project management with the ability to decompose complicated projects into simple tasks, estimates and manage risks
- Self directed with the ability to operate independently without needing everyday input
- Maturity to build relationships and operate across the organization (not locked to only operate in the vertical chain)Excellent English communication skills both verbally and written
Location: Remote work from home anywhere however a large portion of the broader team is located in Eastern Europe and India.
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed – we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let’s talk.