Whitespectre is a product-centric, technology consultancy for both vc funded start-ups and large companies across the US and Europe. As long-term partners to our clients, we’ve played a critical role in their growth- both through the products we co-create and the expertise and processes we bring. We’re also a product incubator ourselves, with our own applications and growing b2b SaaS platform.
Proudly remote-first since 2013, we’re a close-knit team of 75, working in fast-moving, agile pods to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business impact.
What's it like to be a Reactjs Engineer at Whitespectre?
- Whitespectre operates on a fully-modern tech stack- toolset includes ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack, REST/GraphQL, Node.js/Express, Rails, Postgres, Elastic, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, etc. Working smartly is important to us; automation, dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches and slack bot integrations control our production releases.
- The majority of our projects involve building greenfield applications and our delivery teams typically own products end to end - your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- You can read more about life in our engineering team in this blog post by our Senior Engineer, Eneko.
What else is great about working at Whitespectre?
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance, high concurrency micro-service backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to handling real-time event streams from hardware devices..
- Grow everyday: Be in an environment that embraces constant learning and exploring - whether it’s a new skill, a new way of thinking, or a new product experiment, we know it’s the key to staying motivated.
- Career progression: Get the opportunities, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to grow- whether you want to move into management or Principle Engineer. We proudly promote from within.
- Work-life balance: Thrive at work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life. Clear processes and realistic planning avoids fires!
- Paid Meetups: We love remote, but face to face is pretty great too. Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
- Competitive rates, long-term outlook: We offer competitive rates and a long-term, full-time contract position. Many of our team members have been with us for 5+ years.
- Want to know more? Check out Glassdoor
This is the right position for you if want-
- The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
- The responsibility of designing new solutions and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
- To solve problems that can’t be addressed by just searching Stack Overflow
- The opportunity to go outside your core React expertise and strong skills with other technologies (e.g. React Native, Node.js)
- An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed
A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
The “check the box” Requirements
- Experience contributing to technical decision making within a team
- Can work full-time with a significant crossover with the core hours: 11am - 6pm Central European Time
- Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
Interested in applying?
- Apply by completing the form below
- Or email us with any questions on [email protected]