VERIDAPT is a well-established industrial IoT business bringing together the best in software, hardware, and services to provide millions in savings and added value to our customers.
Our products are used globally and we're still expanding. Over the past year new opportunities have emerged in new markets that require diversification through adding to our software offerings.
We're looking for a solid Ruby developer to join the team working on a greenfield Rails application that explores our new directions. Once established you'll also learn the ins and outs of the existing application that's still actively developed.
We're a small team of thinkers, learners and doers who achieve results well beyond our size though a considered and pragmatic approach. We value shared knowledge, collaboration and an appreciation of individualism amongst our team.
- Have pride in the craft of engineering awesome features.
- Give thoughtful, considered code reviews.
- Love learning and always try to improve yourself.
- Like working autonomously, as well as collaborating with your team mates remotely.
If so, read on!
We are looking for someone who has;
- 5-10 years software development experience across multiple languages
- A strong understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- A pragmatic approach drawn from your previous failures and successes
- Pride in the craft of software development and writing well-structured idiomatic code
- An understanding of architecture patterns that help push past standard Rails CRUD design
- Experience debugging the really tricky problems. Can jump to the library level and below.
- Strong database knowledge. Can tune queries and understand how and when to use indexes.
- Can explain technical things in plain language, written and orally.
- A self-improvement mindset continually striving to learn and grow
- The ability to write thoughtful and considered code reviews
- You're comfortable working autonomously, and collaborating with the team remotely
- Experience with agile development practices
And also perhaps;
- An understanding of the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Docker
Why Work with us
This is a really exciting time to join VERIDAPT. We are on a journey over the next 3 years to grow and operate in totally new markets.
We are a small group who now enjoy a blend of working from home, and coming into our North Sydney office. We have found through COVID that we work perfectly well remotely and so are not returning 100%, but like to meet in person regularly to stay connected and collaborate on interesting work.
Be part of a genuine team that will innovate how multiple industries use technologies to improve data and analytics for improved supply chain security and verification. We have a unique environment in that we design, develop, test, manufacture and deploy all hardware and software from our North Sydney offices.
Apply now via the application form.
IMPORTANT if you are not eligible to work full time in Australia please do not apply. Sponsorship is not available for this position, and we cannot support those with restricted working hours.
We do not use 3rd parties or recruitment agencies to fill our vacancies and accept no liability to pay any fees for any introductions.
Click here for the application form!