ruby on rails
We have a vacancy for an experienced Rails Developer to join us on a full-time, long-term basis as a contractor. In this role, you will be working on Whitespectre’s SaaS platform for Network Driven Commerce (paragoncommerce.com) as well as exciting consulting projects for our client partners.
You’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team of backend and frontend engineers, Product, and UI/UX to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale.
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, we’re a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and we’re growing!
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design to make code modular and maintainable for the future.
- Designing new architectures and justifying your design decisions to other team members.
- Understanding how code translates to DB queries and know how to optimize
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Have worked in teams where you contributed towards technical decision making
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 7 pm Central European Team
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
What do we offer?
- 100% Remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote experience.
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance applications, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- The best-in-class technologies & toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker, Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, Heroku/AWS, Typescript, Webpack, React etc
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook (12 months+ full-time projects) for the right candidate.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.