Trakstar, Reviewsnap, Recruiterbox, Mindflash
*Please Note: At this time, Applied is only accepting applications from candidates residing in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Come join our growing team! You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and creative environment where your ideas matter.
Applied Training Systems, Inc. is seeking a remote* Sr. SDET for Mindflash, our learning management system (LMS), to ensure we deliver high quality software for the next phase of growth with our company’s brands and product portfolio. The ideal candidate for this critical position will have a deep track record of automation and QA processes for SaaS applications in complex microservices environments deployed on AWS.
This position reports directly to the Director, Software Engineering for Mindflash and collaborates with senior engineering leadership from the Mindflash team.
What we do:
Applied Training Systems, Inc. is an online software provider of HR tools for employee hiring and development. We believe people are happier and healthier when they know their work matters, so we build and connect tools that employees want and HR needs. Applied is a fast-growing organization that currently has products in applicant tracking, employee performance, employee engagement, and learning management. We’re serving 4,000 organizations around the globe with a focus on delivering the best possible people management tools on the market.
What you’ll do:
- Build test and QA environments deployed with Terraform and using various technologies such as Docker, ECS, EC2, Elasticache, Lambda, RDS (MySQL), ECR, Kong and more.
- Migrate an existing Java/Selenium test suite to Cypress.
- Develop end-to-end test suites using Cypress for missing coverage and new functionality.
- Run smoke checks on releases to ensure quality.
- Assist in triage and identification of root causes for quality issues discovered in production.
- Utilize scripting and other development tools to improve the testing process and code coverage.
- Ensure quality from requirements through production by participating in agile sprint ceremonies including estimations, story pointing, sprint planning, code reviews, pull request reviews, etc.
- Update and manage CICD pipelines using tools such as Git actions, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Collaborate with SDET staff from other teams where needed.
You’re best for this role if you:
- Have provided expertise as an SDET at a SaaS product company
- Understand and have hands-on experience working with pipelines that deploy through AWS systems
- Know Git source control, feature branching, release management, and tagging
- Are well versed in AWS architecture and systems, understanding various toolsets such as WAF, containers, RDS, elasticache, etc.
- Can serve as scrum master
- Are comfortable with participating in code reviews to ensure quality throughout
- Understand the end-to-end development lifecycle including tools such as Git, Packer, Docker, Selenium, Cypress and IDEs/linters
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and feel comfortable corresponding with various departments and senior leadership
- Demonstrate sound judgement with the strong ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements, and prioritize appropriately
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Emphasis in engineering, computer science or information systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience working as an SDET
- Have a history of working with Selenium Webdriver and/or Cypress
- Possess exposure to cloud-based infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Have experience with end-to-end product delivery in a SaaS software company
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Range $90,000-$130,000/year
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Group term life, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Voluntary life, critical illness, and accident coverage
- 401(k) program with pre-tax and post-tax options + employer match