Source Coders Inc
Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer (DevTools)
Comp: $140k - $190k (highly dependent on seniority & work location) + Attractive Cisco RSU's + 12% annual performance bonus + sign-on bonus + 401k match (4.5%) + 22 days PTO + extensive health care coverage
The Developer Tools team at Meraki engineers tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ efficiency. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, identity management, source version control, artifact management, CI/CD pipelines, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
We believe tools magnify our impact, multiply our collaboration, and free us to move fast. We take pride in creating a simple and powerful environment where engineers can easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products. We are passionate about building automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
As a Firmware Tools Engineer you will work closely with firmware development teams to enable their best work. Reliability, performance and developer experience are critical factors to our CI/CD pipelines which you will help monitor, operate, and improve.
As SREs at Meraki we are responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centers. Our customers depend on our products to run their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
- Implement tools and processes to continuously improve our build and delivery velocity, reliability, and efficiency.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company.
- Practice sustainable incident response (on-call rotation) and blameless postmortems
- Influence and drive operational excellence and best practices within the organization.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience scripting or coding with languages like Ruby, Scala, Python.
- Experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
- Experience with modern CI/CD systems and processes.
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- A deep passion for SRE/DevOps and running highly resilient/automated systems is a plus.
- Bonus: Experience with Yocto, cmake, make, or autoconf.