ACS TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC.
Florence or Greenville ,SC or possibly remote
For over 40 years ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help the ministry lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry from finances to relationships. We're now the leader in the industry but we've got more work to do, and we need the right talent on board to help with our mission of serving churches with tomorrow's technology.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will work collaboratively with software and systems engineers to deploy and manage our systems and applications within our Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, primarily those associated with our Data & Analytics practice. The Sr. SRE will design, build, setup, and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure provisioning on the AWS Cloud.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Owns the application and all aspects of it in production, including the user experience. Administers all systems related to R&D projects, including user creation, systems provision troubleshooting, monitoring, etc.
- Creates the vision and designs the automation strategy across the platform. This includes researching gaps in automation and laying out the vision and the plan to remove the gaps.
- Designs and Orchestrates system provisioning, autoscaling and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Responsible for Release Management with a expert understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Troubleshoots site down issues. Responds to emergency outages and coordinate responses with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Work with engineering teams to refine deployment and release processes.
- Work closely with developers in supporting new features, services, releases, and become an expert in our services.
- Monitors site reliability and performance.
- Scales infrastructure to meet demand. Continuously monitors/improves the quality of our infrastructure.
- Designs and develops automation tools to deploy code.
- Ensure that all system design and procedures are documented and up-to-date.
- Participates in on-call rotation as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; leading staff development educational series.
- Recommends and implements strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; and anticipating requirements.
- Performs other duties not otherwise listed as required by the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 7+ years in cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Expert administration knowledge with Linux(preferably Amazon Linux 2 images)
- Expert level knowledge with experience with AWS infrastructure - VPC, Security Groups, EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, etc.
- Significant software development experience in an Agile environment (strong preference for GoLang)
- Expert level knowledge and experience with AWS API integration
- Experience with Kubernetes and related technologies (etcd, helm, istio, envoy)
- Experience with automation/configuration management (terraform and/or CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service environment
- Understanding of monitoring tools and statistics – Sumologic, DataDog, StackDriver or CloudWatch
- Experience planning and leading software, engineering and infrastructure projects (data management strongly preferred)
- Ability to work in a team environment and reliable to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
For more information and to apply go to www.acstechnologies.com, click on Company and then click on Careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.