About Respondus, Inc: Respondus is a leading developer of assessment applications for higher education, K-12 and skills certification. Thousands of universities, K-12 districts, publishers, and testing centers use our applications to deliver 100 million assessments annually.
Why join us? Our work matters – assessments help educators know what students are learning. It’s at the beginning, middle, and end of the education process.
Respondus has been a leader in the education industry for 20 years and is a growing, profitable business that is laser-focused on customers. Nearly all our revenue is recurrent (which means institutions pay us an annual fee to use it) and we have no debt or outside investors. This lets us concentrate on long-term growth that is customer-focused.
About the position: This is a full-time, full-telecommute position for a full-stack Senior Software developer. You will work with a small, dynamic team of incredibly talented developers who use the latest technologies to create products used by tens of millions of students and educators.
This is a soup to nuts position. You must have the mindset that no project is too big or too small. Over time you may own certain products or features, but you needn’t worry you’ll get stuck in a particular role. There are plenty of new projects and challenges to keep your skills honed.
We are a tight-knit company and each person’s role is highly-valued. Little weight is put on titles (a few of us have them, but they aren’t used much). Everyone works as a team and focuses on creating awesome products that solve real needs in education and learning.
Required Skills and experience:
- 7+ years designing and developing large-scale, production-quality code in a professional software developer role
- 7+ experience with server side Java technologies and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, JSP)
- Experience with cloud architectures and Amazon Web Services, including EC2, Autoscaling, RDS, DynamoDB and SQS
- Proficiency with relational databases (MySQL)
- Proficiency working with Linux-based development/deployment environments
- Deep understanding of computer science, object-oriented analysis, and software design principles
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated experience on all parts of the development process, from design to implementation and maintenance on
- Large-scale development projects, including ownership of significant portions of the code base.
- Able to work on small, agile teams and multiple concurrent projects.
- AWS Solution Architect Certification is a plus
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
- Experience working with remote/virtual teams
- Self-starter, team player
- This is full-telecommute position-can reside in AZ, CO, MA, WA
- Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume, plus any additional information that will help us better know you, to [email protected]